Below you can see all the latest posts from our Facebook Page. Please be sure to visit our page, ‘like’ it and then share it with your friends!
3 weeks ago
I am still hoping to write a short piece following the Twitter kerfuffle around Kelly Morgan at Porth Harlequins when I get time. However - I need to reflect on my findings thus far & make some points:
1) I am Max (Male, He/Him). I am #WCR alone. No organisation. No affiliation.
2) ALL Haters & Doomers will be blocked.
3) IMO the original BBC post was a poor piece of inflammatory journalism & is partly to blame for the resulting furore.
4) IMO the RFU Policy is far too vague & also partly to blame for the tension & emotion.
5) I've yet to see any scientific evidence to suggest an eligible (by RFU reckoning) TW, would not still - on average - have significantly superior power/strength/stamina than an average woman. So, more guidelines req'd for successful integration, in addition to common sense.
6) 99% of people contacting me wanting no Trans Women playing Women's Rugby, are in no way involved in Women's Rugby.
7) The only contact I've had from clubs with Trans players has been positive & their primary concern is for safety of ALL players.
8) Rugby is for EVERYONE & must remain inclusive.
9) Rugby needs more sensible, rational debate on this subject with as MANY & VARIED inputs as possible.
10) Lastly, as a coach of junior rugby I'd also like to debate adding a player's weight to their age as a criteria for segregation in juniors. ... See MoreSee Less